PeatSwitch™ is a steam beneficiated, soil substrate product made from waste fibre. Chemical and microbiological additives can be mixed with the advanced carbon backbone to meet the specific requirements of an individual agricultural customer and more importantly specific plant type or species.
- Utilises waste biomass - Utilising low value wood/trees, woody waste, agricultural residues and invasive plant species (including pinyon pine and juniper)
- Viable alternative to peat moss – global demand for a substitute could exceed 1 million tonnes per annum (Source: US govt. of minerals)
- Customised product - PeatSwitch™ product can be easily adjusted and tailored for customers by altering the temperature / pressure and retention time
- Species specific engineered soils or soil amendment- Species specific recipes providing target pH, mineral content and microbial make-up required by the end user
- Solution to biomass problem - The US alone generates billions of tonnes of biomass annually – much is put into landfills or dried & burned, producing vast amounts of pollution